Online Slots Glossary
Among the numerous casino games, online slots are easy to play. Each casino game has some similarities with the other. However, to become well versed with any of the game, you need to understand the game terminology first. The same is with slots. Below mentioned are some commonly used terms in Slots games
- Hopper: It refers to the place, where a Slots machine stores money.
- Carousel: This refers to arrangement of Slots on casino floor.
- Coin Size: This is usually coin denomination or value of every coin that you play. For example, coin size for 25-cent machine is 25 cents.
- Payback: This refers to the coins you receive.
- Low Level Slots Machines: You may play with these Slots machines by sitting down.
- Stand up Slots Machines: These machines require you to stand up and play.
- Pay line: Line that is visible on the face of Slots machines, where symbols are lined up for winning.
- Max Bet: When you play online Slots, max bet is the bet, which allows you to play with the highest sum of coins. It ranges from two coins to five coins.
- Multi-Line Slots Machines: Machines having over 1 pay line. These machines range from two pay lines to ten or fifteen pay lines.
- Pay table: Is the space on Slots machine, which lays out winning combinations for any player that have to hit compulsorily for winning. Pay table even explains about the number of coins that you need to play for winning jackpots or certain targeted amounts. It displays the bonus features also.
- Pay for Play Machines: These machines pay a fixed amount according to inserted coins. Here, the amount you win differs depending on whether you play with one coin, two coins or three coins.
- Reels: These circular devices print the symbols of Slots machines. They spin and then stop to reveal symbols, using which you may win. A usual Slots machine features 3 to 5 reels.
- Progressive Slots: These are Slots machines or carousels that have a link with each other for paying out 1 huge jackpot.
- Slots Machine Club Member: Anyone, who loves to play online slots, might apply for membership at a casino. The player receives a card, which is just like credit card for playing Slots. By using this card, members win cash or bonus points.
- Symbols: These are printed graphics on reels, which are lined up for winning on any Slots machine.
- Tilt: This term describes the machine, which does not work or is out of service.
- Wild Symbol: This is an emblem accepting any other symbol's value to make winning combination.
- Pay and Take Cycles: Certain people believe that each Slots machine follows a working cycle. It means, if there are no hits after you play some coins, the machine has to pay you out.
- Progressive Jackpot: This a huge jackpot resulting from coins that you play in many machines. It grows constantly until any player hits it. For winning progressive jackpot, you need to play with maximum number of coins, so that you become eligible for it.
The realistic graphics and user-friendly interface make online Slots more enjoyable to play.